Below is a list of all the resources I’ve used to sharpen my physical and mental performance. There’s always more to learn, so comment below to recommend a book, website, podcast, etc. I’ll keep this list updated!
If you’re looking to take a deep dive into all things related to fitness, nutrition, wellness, and cognitive performance, I highly recommend Ben Greenfield’s exhaustive and well-written Beyond Training.
Specific Training Plans:
- For beginners at the marathon, half marathon, 10K, or 5K: https://www.halhigdon.com/
- For advanced runners: Jack Daniels’ (not kidding) Running Formula
- For beginners at sprint and Olympic distance triathlons: http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingprograms.asp
- For moderate to advanced triathletes at all distances: Joel Friel’s Triathlon Training Bible
- For moderate to advanced cyclists: https://thesufferfest.com/
- Strength Training for Triathletes
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
- The Paleo Cure
- The New Primal Blueprint
- Grain Brain
- Coconuts and Kettlebells
- FeedZone Cookbook
- Against All Grains Cookbook
- Healing Mushrooms
- Useful websites
For Female Athletes:
- Roar: How to Match Your Food and Fitness to Your Unique Female Physiology for Optimum Performance, Great Health, and a Strong, Lean Body for Life
- The Well-Fed Women Podcast
- Girls Gone WOD Podcast
- Balanced Bites Podcast
- No Period, Now What?