I’m on a mission to inspire athletes to read and readers to move.
This website and the upcoming FitLit Podcast are dedicated to
- Demonstrating the reciprocal relationship between physical and mental movement. Reading quality literature benefits sports performance, just as exercise boosts creativity and memory.
- Helping athletes select the right books for their specific interests.
- Introducing academics to basic fitness and health principles that can easily fit in to their current routine.
- Teaching athletes how to be good readers using health/fitness terms and strategies they already understand (like the 80/20 rule, HIIT, calorie cycling, etc.)
- Creating a space for athletes to discuss literature in ways that are relevant to our community.
- Cultivating a movement-positive culture for academics to grow out of their brains and into their bodies.